The One Mile Project is a not-for-profit social enterprise funded in 2015 by YP Potential, a division of The Apprentice Academy. We connect businesses in Manchester with schools and community groups less than one mile from their location. With financial sponsorship from these businesses we facilitate regular physical activity projects for young people. At least 80% of funding goes directly into activities and 20% into co-ordinating the projects—making best use of funding.
- Engage at least 500 young people in regular sport
- Deliver 10 different activities including running, BMX, skateboarding, swimming, track cycling, dance, netball, football, rugby and climbing
- Engage with 100 employer partners in Manchester
- Support young people to be active and improve their physical and mental wellbeing
- Improve confidence and develop positive behaviours by building self-esteem
- Help young people to develop a regular, lifelong sporting habit
- Connect young people from different communities and backgrounds through sports